About my page:

Here i will post my poems and stories. I do realise not all of them will be perfect, and I accept that. If you do like something I have writen please let me know :) I hardly ever creatively write about anything that relates to me directly, so please never assume anything about me from what I write. If some things that I write offend you, I am sorry, but I do have freedom of speach ^.^

Friday, January 9, 2015

Phoenix


The Dazzling fire is sparkling in my eyes

I am focused on the lovely flames

They seem infinite, like the stars

I know they will soon die, as will I

For I can feel the heat getting closer to my body

The smoke is getting thicker

I accept the scent, and savor it

Many people in my place would be panicking

While I am paralyzed, mesmerized, hypnotized

It is like I am in a trance

As the flames begin to tickle my feet, a giggle sneaks out of my mouth

Everything is in incredible slow motion

That makes me happy because I can notice every little detail

I see every tiny spark drifting away from the tip of each flame

I hear my beating heart, which seems to pump once a minute

I embrace the heat as it crawls up my body

I allow the black smoke to enter my nasal passages and lungs

My last thought is, "This is the feeling of empowerment."



That very moment I opened my eyes slowly to find myself in a bed

A bed that is in a very regular room in the dead of night

I finally recognize this as my room in my house

I lay still, staring at my ceiling, still feeling a bit paralyzed

Amazed by the exciting yet terrifying sensation I had just dreamt

As I yawned I pondered the meaning behind this odd dream

Before I knew it, I was back asleep

I had no more dreams that night

I woke up to my alarm clock yelling at me, and I started getting ready for school right away

I had no memory of the significant dream I had experienced just hours earlier

2 comments:

  1. Such vivid dream imagery here, Ally...I plan to do some exploration of dreams and how we can use them in our writing in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the imagery in the beginning! I could totally see the flickering of the flames, and feel what the speaker was describing. I wrote a piece about fire fairly recently as well. A lot of the imagery words I used were similar to to what's in this piece, but the connotation was completely different. Interesting how the same concept can be taken and made into absolutely juxtaposed things.

    ReplyDelete