About my page:

Here i will post my poems and stories. I do realise not all of them will be perfect, and I accept that. If you do like something I have writen please let me know :) I hardly ever creatively write about anything that relates to me directly, so please never assume anything about me from what I write. If some things that I write offend you, I am sorry, but I do have freedom of speach ^.^

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Love for Whimsical Ceramics- Chandra DeBuse Artwork


I love the ceramic art made by Chandra DeBuse. Her artwork is so whimsical and it puts a smile on my face. I also adore the fact that she focuses on nature as her inspiration. I especially love her realistic painted sketches of animals, like this squirrel guarding his well-earned acorn. The squirrel really pops out amongst the rest of the piece, because the rest is brightly colored and more of a cartoon style. The lines in the rest of the piece are very wavy and not defined, like the ones composing the squirrel. I think that the touch of a kind of dripping ink look is welcomed in this piece as well. It is not needed in my opinion, but I do not dislike it eternally dripping from the sides of the plate down towards the middle. I also realize that the middle of the plate is not the focal point of the piece. In fact, it is the very farthest background. Yet, I love that at first you may think it is a plain blue background, but when you look closer you notice different streaks of white or darker blue, and put it together that it is a realistic sky.

2 comments:

  1. You really nailed the idea behind the writing. I admire the detail put in both your writing and on the Ceramic piece. You have a great eye for detail and a great talent for putting it on paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the word whimsical and all that it implies. I also like this plate. I wonder where you first came across this artist?

    ReplyDelete