About my page:

Here i will post my poems and stories. I do realise not all of them will be perfect, and I accept that. If you do like something I have writen please let me know :) I hardly ever creatively write about anything that relates to me directly, so please never assume anything about me from what I write. If some things that I write offend you, I am sorry, but I do have freedom of speach ^.^

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Horror Dream Thread

I was stuck, paralyzed and petrified as he stalked through the shadows, his knife gleaming in the moonlight. My heavy breaths were coming out of me like crashing waves. Suddenly I snapped back into my senses. RUN, I told myself. And so I was off. The funny thing was that the mysterious man was not chasing after me. Then I thought to myself, he must be one of those meticulous murderers… stalking his prey stealthily, quietly, calmly. I slowed my pace then, realizing that running around like a chicken with its head cut off would get me nowhere. I needed to match his intelligence level if I wanted to be able to get away alive. The next thing I know, I am on the ground, sprawled out as if someone or something had thrown me hard against the ground. I started to panic. What is happening? How did I get here? Am I up against a psycho killer or worse- a malevolent entity? My chest started heaving up and down as all of those questions raced through my thoughts. Then I felt a warmth pricking at my skin. It was comforting after being in the frigid cold forest for I don’t know how long. I closed my eyes and imagined that I was in my cozy home, snuggled up with my husband by the roaring fire place. Suddenly I was shocked back into reality. My eyes opened wide and now I knew why I felt so warm… I see fire.

1 comment:

  1. Scary! I love that last line--the sensory nature of it, the warmth of the fire stirring her awake, the realization that it's not from a safe, cozy fireplace.

    ReplyDelete