About my page:

Here i will post my poems and stories. I do realise not all of them will be perfect, and I accept that. If you do like something I have writen please let me know :) I hardly ever creatively write about anything that relates to me directly, so please never assume anything about me from what I write. If some things that I write offend you, I am sorry, but I do have freedom of speach ^.^

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pheonix Continued


The school day dragged on like usual, with nothing out of the ordinary. Small talk was discussed between me and my friends after school, then I started walking home. Half way there, I started feeling a strange tingling in my finger tips and my toes. Then, my long blonde hair started to whip around my face like a small tornado had just sprung up under my feet. This was so odd, because the weather only minutes ago had been perfect, with a slight breeze and the sunshine smiling down upon me. I realized I had closed my eyes, and as I opened them the intense wind stopped. Everything was back to normal instantly, which stunned me for a minute. The tingling, or should I say burning, sensation came back with a vengeance. Then I had an overwhelming sense of déjà vu. This feeling… I have felt it before. When? That is the question I do not know the answer to.
My mind went blank. The world seemed to be on mute. I could not hear birds or chattering voices or cars passing by. Then, flames burst around me. I felt the heat that they expelled upon me, but I didn’t even flinch. The warmth was not like pain, instead it was more like a comfort. Like a release of energy and emotion that had been built up too long inside of me. This was like a dream. Then I finally remembered. My dream. I had a repetitive dream where I was being engulfed by fire ever since I was a small child. When I told my parents about it a few years ago, they took me to a hypnotist and ever since I had not been able to recall that dream, and I have never had that dream again. Yet now, my dream has become a reality. The flames were still burning bright around me, and almost by instinct I raised up my arms. Then I brought them back down to my sides, and simultaneously my body was easily flung into the sky. A million thoughts were racing through my head; I ignored all but one: I am a phoenix.

1 comment:

  1. I love that ending! So good. I like how you chose to continue a previous piece--I hope you'll always feel free to make the assignments work for you.

    ReplyDelete