About my page:

Here i will post my poems and stories. I do realise not all of them will be perfect, and I accept that. If you do like something I have writen please let me know :) I hardly ever creatively write about anything that relates to me directly, so please never assume anything about me from what I write. If some things that I write offend you, I am sorry, but I do have freedom of speach ^.^

Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Old Man and the Sea


“The old man was dreaming about the lions.”
        This line ends the novel The Old Man and the Sea, published in 1952 by author Ernest Hemingway, who was born in Oak Park, Illinois on July 21, 1899. This novel is set at sea, far out in the Gulf Stream. The main character is an elderly Cuban fisherman, who is encountering a relentless, agonizing battle with a giant marlin in deep waters. The fisherman must regain his courage after a dreadful sense of defeat. I love the water, and any book that has a setting on the sea interests me. Then, after discovering the overall summary, I decided that I would like to read this novel at some point in my life. The Old Man and the Sea also seems like a perfect book for teenagers, because they have to overcome many difficulties in their life, similar to the old man in the novel.

1 comment:

  1. I think this book is really short, too, if you decide to check it out! I've read a couple of Hemingway's books--his style is sparse and direct.

    ReplyDelete